- 1 pound venison
- 1 teaspoon of the following: cumin, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper
- Small flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons white flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups Monterrey Jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Shredded lettuce, for topping
- Tomatoes, chopped, for topping
1) Heat oven to 350 F. Start by heating the oil in a medium-sized skillet. When oil is hot, start browning the venison. Add in the seasonings and mix until venison is brown, but still a little pink, it will finish cooking when you bake it.
2) In a different skillet, melt the butter. When butter is melted, slowly add in the flour while whisking. When all the flour is added start slowly adding in the chicken broth and make sure you whisk out all the clumps. You might need to turn the heat up a little to do so.
3) Once there is no clumps, remove from heat. Add in sour cream and jalapenos and mix.
4) Spray a 9x12 pan with nonstick spray. Start filling the tortillas with venison and top with a hefty sprinkle of cheese. Roll the tortilla up like a burrito and then put it in the pan. Do this with remaining tortillas until the pan is full.
5) When the pan is full with the tortillas, pour the white sauce all over the tortillas and then top with remaining cheese. Put in oven for 20-25 minutes.
6) Take pan out and sprinkle with lettuce and tomatoes. Enjoy!