- 1 lb of venison
- 1tsp of the following; cumin, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper
- Small flour tortillas
- 3 tbs white flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 2 cups of Monterrey Jack Cheese
- 3 tbs butter
- 1 can of 4 oz diced green chilies
- 1 tbs of oil
- Shredded lettuce for topping
- Tomatoes, chopped, for topping
1) Heat oven to 350 degrees. Start by heating the oil in a medium sized skillet. When oil is hot, start browning the venison. Add in the seasonings and mix until venison is brown but still a little pink, it will finish cooking when you bake it.
2) In a different skillet, melt the 3 tbs of butter. When butter is melted, slowly add in the flour while whisking. When all the flour is added start slowly adding in the chicken broth and make sure you whisk out all the clumps. You might need to turn the heat up a little to do so.
3) Once there is no clumps, remove from heat. Add in sour cream and jalapenos and mix.
4) Spray a 9x12 pan with non stick. Start filling the tortillas with venison and top with a hefty sprinkle of cheese. Roll the tortilla up like a burrito and then put it in the pan. Do this with remaining tortillas until the pan in full.
5) When the pan is full with the tortillas, pour the white sauce all over the tortillas and then top with the remaining cheese. Put in oven for 20-25 minutes.
6) Take pan out and sprinkle with lettuce and tomatoes. Enjoy!