Everybody loves dove poppers during dove season, but if you want to try something a little different with your dove, this recipe if for you! These easy dove nuggets are a great appetizer for a family get-together or game day party.
- 20 dove breasts
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- About 2 cups of canola oil, for frying
- Mix egg and milk together in a bowl. Put all dove breasts in milk mixture and leave in refrigerator for 30 minutes to one hour, the longer the better!
- Take dove out of refrigerator.
- Combine all dry ingredients listed above in a bowl.
- In a skillet or sauce pan, heat up canola oil. You want about an inch of canola oil bubbling hot.
- Dip each dove breast in the flour mixture and make sure it is evenly coated. I like to dip my dove breast in twice so they get extra crispy!
- Put coated dove into the hot oil and cook for about 3-5 minutes on each side. The outside will start to look golden brown. At this point, you'll want to test one nugget to make sure the dove on the inside is cooked through before you take it out. It will continue cooking a little bit when it is outside the oil.
- Repeat until all dove breasts are done
- Let cool and serve!
I love serving this with mashed potatoes and green beans! Take a look at our other hunting recipes!